1. Information We Collect
Information Collected Automatically
We collect certain information automatically when visitors navigate and interact with the website tbvaccinesforum.org (“Visitors” and the “Website,” respectively).
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We collect your IP address when you browse the Website or fill out a form and use that information to help us administer the Website, track Visitor movement within the Website, maintain email lists, gather broad demographic information about aggregate use to enhance the Website, and confirm the appropriate use and identify potential misuse of the service or your email address.
Information You Provide
If you would like to contact the Global Forum Organizers, including for purposes of receiving email updates and other communications, you can do so on the Website by providing us with certain “Personal Data” (information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context) such as your name and e-mail address, organization, and country. Additional information may be requested or required based on the purpose of the request for information. This information allows us to manage and respond to inquiries and other contacts.
2. Third Party Websites and Information Third Parties Collect
The Website contains links to third-party websites. Our inclusion of a link is not intended to constitute an endorsement of or affiliation with the owner or sponsor of such websites. IAVI and the Global Forum Organizers are not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website.
It is possible that third parties will collect information about you, through cookies or other technologies, when you browse content on their website or if you link to their websites through this Website. IAVI and the Global Forum Organizers do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of these or any third parties, and IAVI and the Global Forum Organizers are not responsible for their practices or the content of their websites. You may wish to review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information prior to providing any personal information.
3. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from anyone under 16 years old. The Website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 16. If you are under 16, you must get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal data to us.
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
If you are in the European Union, we will only collect and/or process your Personal Data through our Website if we have at least one legal basis for doing so under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which legal bases include: you have given your consent for a specific purpose; it is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; it is necessary to protect someone’s vital interest; or it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we process:
- are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- any of your Personal Data that we process that are inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are processed) are erased or rectified without delay. From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- are limited to the Personal Data reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy;
- are processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
5. How Do We Protect Your Information?
- Personal Data submitted through the Website is secured and only accessible to our authorized staff and agents. IAVI and the Global Forum Organizers do not sell, trade, rent or share with third parties any Personal Data that you provide on or through the Website. In rare cases, IAVI or the Global Forum Organizers may disclose Personal Data in connection with a lawful subpoena, court order, or other legal process (to comply with legal obligations).
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing, in accordance with applicable law.
- Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet — any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
5. How Do We Share Your Information?
We will use third-party services (data processers) to facilitate email updates and other information and communications for the Global Forum. Such third party suppliers may be located outside of your home country. Data privacy laws in the countries to which your Personal Data is transferred may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country. We only allow third parties to handle your Personal Data if we are satisfied that they take appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data.
6. Your Legal Rights
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law. Under applicable law, you may have a number of rights, including: (i) the right not to provide your Personal Data to us; (ii) the right of access to your Personal Data; (iii) the right to request rectification of inaccuracies; (iv) the right to request the erasure, or restriction of processing, of your Personal Data; (v) the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data; (vi) the right to have your Personal Data transferred to another party; (vii) the right to withdraw consent; and (viii) the right to lodge complaints with data protection authorities.
We may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights. To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section VIII below.
VIII. Questions and Concerns
Online registrants receiving electronic and/or print communications may withdraw their consent to such communications by contacting us at info(at)tbvaccinesforum(dot)org or by using the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of certain email communications.
Your opinion is important to us. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the information in this policy or any other issues relating to the processing of Personal Data carried out by us, or on our behalf, or the website, please feel free to contact us at info(at)tbvaccinesforum(dot)org.
Last updated: 27 May 2022